Went to the Glenarden Town Hall Meeting with Barrett Mathews a long time friend from the neighborhood last night. Barrett was one of the folks that grew up knowing Nick from kindergarten on up.
We have an idea that we would like to get support from all of the folks that grew up with Nick. We have an idea and would like to put the following proposals forward to honor Coach David “Nick” Lynch:
- Have the Glenarden Recreation Center and Field named in honor of Nick
- Have the Field at the recreation center named in honor of Nick.
- Have the road leading into the recreation center named in honor of Nick.
- Get support for a summer program for kids at the recreation center in support of Nick.
- Some combination of the above proposals.
We are going to need to get support from all the folks in the neighborhood to ensure that we have clear and visible support. Most of us still have parents living in Glenarden so we really need to reach out and connect to our friends.
Barrett and I discussed this at length and really need your help to make this happen.